Re: PF-Wg feedback on CSS animations

On 24/04/2009, at 1:21 PM, Jonathan Snook wrote:

>> It is possible for an assistive tool to modify the animation
>> durations for each animation fairly easily. We also have an event
>> to notify when an animation has started, but by then it is too late
>> to change the animation (other than to remove it and restart it
>> with a modified duration, which might be good enough).
>
> Maybe it's just me but the only event I see documented in that spec
> is the transitionEnd event. Is a transitionStart (and maybe even
> transitionStep) a possibility?

We didn't see as much need for a transitionStart event. Can you think
of places where you need it because the functionality isn't available
elsewhere? For example, if you are changing property values via JS
you're already in a better place to set up the transition.

Also, we wanted to make it more likely that pages with transitions
fall back gracefully on older browsers. Having the ability to process
an event before a transition makes this less likely.

Dean