Re: [css3-layout] New JavaScript implementation for Template Layout Module

On Thursday 23 April 2009, Alexis Deveria wrote:
> In the interest of encouraging support for a CSS layout system, I
> have created an implementation of the current CSS Template Layout
> Module as a jQuery plug-in, and thought I'd share it with the list.
>
> Project page: http://code.google.com/p/css-template-layout/
> Related blog post: http://a.deveria.com/?p=236
> Demos: http://a.deveria.com/csstpl/

Nice!

I especially like it that you did the effort to support the draft's
syntax. It looks like your method is a bit fragile (extra GET,
regexp-based parsing), but it allows people to see exactly what the
draft means.

I thought your software was worth a news item on W3C's CSS pages[1].

(I also added César Acebal's and Andrew Fedoniouk's prototypes. César's
is of course a bit old by now, but Andrew's may be interesting because
it uses a slightly different syntax which may or may not allow
different layouts.)

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

Bert