Re: [css3-page] page counters and scope

Grant, Melinda wrote:

> Presumably you mean just page counters here and below in #4...?  I find 'all break points' a bit confusing...  I don't think you mean all page break points, so I assume you must mean the point where each element breaks?  Does my following rewording attempt capture your intent?
> 	3. Copy all counters manipulated within page contexts that are in scope for any element split by the page break, in document order, ...?
>
>>    4. Copy counters in scope at the latest break point in the normal
>>       flow of the root element into the @page counter scope,
>> obscuring any
>>       counters of the same name there. This ensures that the
>> counters in
>>       the normal flow preside over counters in e.g. floated elements.
>
> It's not clear to me that a natural precedence exists between normal flow and floated or positioned content.  I wonder if omitting this step and just going with document order wouldn't suffice.  Are there use cases that require normal flow precedence?
>
>> Comments?
>>
>> ~fantasai

This discussion reminded me one problem I wanted to ask while ago.

Are there any plans to support not only counters() but some
other accumulators, for example "total of the page" kind of things?

Sort of:

@media printer
{
   td.total { content: page-sum-of( $(td.row-total):value ); }
}

with the markup:

<tfoot>
</tfoot>

Or is this too much?

My pardon if this is far from the discussion.

I am about to implement this using page-complete events in CSSS!
but would like to ask first if someone discussed this already and
there is a better solution.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com