RE: 'image-fit' vs preserveAspectRatio

From: Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:44:29 +0000
To: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>

Philip Jägenstedt said:
> How about content-fit and content-position?
Wrt suggestions for better names for 'image-fit' and 'image-position'.

The CSS WG did consider this alternative when we brainstormed names; as I recall, this was rejected at that point because the property is not intended to generalize to all content, but rather applies only to replaced content.

Since this is targeted to graphics, maybe
	gfx-fit, gfx-position?
Or, less cryptically, graphics-fit, graphics-position?

Best,

Melinda