Re: About multiple backgrounds' syntax

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:10:34 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On Monday 2009-04-20 10:07 +0200, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> http://twitter.com/Hixie/status/1561236395
>
> I have to agree with Hixie: this is one of the poorest
> syntaxes ever designed in the WG. So unintuitive.

I agree.  I think the '/' (which was what was in the draft for five
years or so) was a bit better, at least, and if we keep the feature
I'd prefer we revert to that and do what I suggested in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Feb/0553.html ,
which I don't think removes any features that we should care about
keeping, since I don't think it makes sense to use '/' as a
delimiter when the things on one side of it aren't there.

-David