Re: [CSS3] Flexible Flow Module, proposal.

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:01:39 -0700
To: Zack Weinberg <zweinberg@mozilla.com>
CC: robert@ocallahan.org, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
Zack Weinberg wrote:

> As a side issue, what's the rationale for restricting flex units to
> some subset of the box dimension properties?  I would think it would be
> useful in any length property.
>
> zw

More on those...

So far flex units are defined for width, height, padding, margin and
left/top/right/bottom attributes.
But I suspect that 'border' may also benefit from them if to think about
border-image for example.

Or think about construction like:

#rightmost
{
   border-left:  *  solid  yellow;
}

it will shift the #rightmost element to the right with the fill of that
space by the yellow color.

Will it be useful?  Probably for things like the <meter> from HTML5
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#the-meter-element ?

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainfromatica.com