Re: [CSS3] Flexible Flow Module, proposal.

From: Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:12:49 +0100
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
CC: Zack Weinberg <zweinberg@mozilla.com>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> '*' as a unit is used already in these places:
>
> 1) In html, so called multi-length or relative units:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-length
> Used in tables[in supporting UAs] and framesets (@cols and @rows).

Thank you, I confess I had overlooked that (in that
I was unaware of multilengths per se, although I had
seen the asterisk used in frameset specifications
-- and completely failed to understand it).

> 2) In following CSS3 proposals:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-grid/
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-layout/

OK, but they are still /proposals/ : there is
still time to get "*" replaced by something
more mnemonic :-)

Philip TAYLOR