Re: [CSS3] Flexible Flow Module, proposal.

David Hyatt wrote:
> I don't really see the need for a separate flow property.  Why not just
> add new values to display?

Practical example - Table of Contents:

#TOC > li
{
   display: list-item; /* by default */
   flow: horizontal;
   border-bottom: 1px dotted;
}
#TOC > li > .page-no
{
   width: 3em;
   margin-left:1*; /* shift it to the right */
}

<ul #TOC>
</ul>

As you may see here you will need both: 'display' and
'flow' to be declared for the same element.

You also may want to define, say, this:

{
   display:inline-block;
      flow:...; /* defines flow of blocks inside */
}

That is quite popular combinations when people are doing
custom input elements.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com