Re: text-align property for columns (once again)

From: Reg Me Please <regmeplease@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 16:23:33 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Reg Me Please <regmeplease@gmail.com>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Well, all these interesting discussions actually opened my mind to this
brave new world :-). Thanks a lot once again.

What still puzzles me is that the CSS is not going to follow and support
what's in (X)HTML. (The puzzling comes from myself being a newbie, of
course.)
The text-align property is not supported for columns for a number of
reasons seen so far. Also because the alignment is a property of the
cell contents, not of the cells themselves.

Unless you say that the alignment is a cell property, not a contents'.
Or unless you say columns do have such a property.
To make columns even more useful.
To allow authors to split table data completely away from its
appearance.

After all, "Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a simple mechanism for
adding style (e.g. fonts, colors, spacing) to Web documents."

If C language preprocessor was not going to fully support (and extend)
the C language syntax and semantics, it's use would be heavily limited,
despite still interesting.