Re: [css3-transitions] Complex easing functions

From: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 12:46:15 +1000
Cc: Jon Rimmer <jon.rimmer@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
To: robert@ocallahan.org

On 09/04/2009, at 12:31 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> While it would be a little painful, you can still achieve you
> elastic or bounce effects today using CSS animations with keyframes.
>
> It seems a lot easier to implement bounce effects by relaxing the
> [0,1] constraint on curves than by implementing all of CSS
> animations. (Especially since I find the case for CSS Transitions a
> lot stronger than for Animations.) I'd support adding that.

Bounce effects work well with extended timing functions, but only if
you are doing positional animations (ie. moving an element). They
don't work for doing things like fading from red to blue via green.
For that you need keyframes.

But yes, it seems that extending timing functions is a good approach.

Dean