Re: [css3-values] Unit normalization and types

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 08:10:07 +0100
To: www-style CSS <www-style@w3.org>
Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Actually, most implementations (if not at all at this point) for full
> page zoom do so in a way that does not create the need for horizontal
> scrolling.

That sounds like Firefox's font enlarge facility, not a whole page zoom.
  That, and their minimum font size option, do break when people use
absolute units.  For example, http://www.tfl.gov.uk/. This one was even
worse when they were doing a usability survey, as simply overriding
designer font sizes on IE's Accesibility dialogue pushed the links
outside of their overflow none popup, so I couldn't complain about the
messed up layout without restoring the smaller than default fonts.

--
David Woolley