Re: [css3-multicol] page-break-inside and columns

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> I think it's a common scenario that authors don't want elements to
> break. No?

To break across pages : yes; to break across columns ?
I am far less convinced.  But if you can adduce an
example of a situation in which both page breaks /and/
column breaks should be inhibited, then I'd be very
interested to see it.

To address the issue from the other perspective
(should "page" be a part of the value, rather
than the property) is interesting (and generalises
rather better).  So one could envisage (say)

 break-inside: allow-column
 break-inside: inhibit-page
 break-inside: inhibit-all

and so on.  But regardless of whether {page|column}
are properties or values, I remain convinced that
they are totally different, and that it would be
a serious error of judgement to conflate the two.

** Phil.