RE: [Css Variables] Variable Declaration Blocks

Daniel,

I hope you are right, and yes I read the transcript from when it was
decided that css vars should be given a decent priority. But that
was when (in my interpretation) everybody was still in the same boat.

We can now see how the WG is going to make a (or is it two?)
counter-proposal to the one you and Dave made. With Dave's help
there was an active community interaction about different aspects of
the feature. During the month that has passed since the WG decision
there haven't been a SINGLE followup on the public list thread from
the two counter-proposal authors. Being an actively discussed subject
earlier, I would expect the authors to join and continue the
discussion.
In my book this looks like everybody wants to cook up their own
version and then keep arguing about it forever.
But I hope I will be proven wrong.

Mike