W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > September 2008

[CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2008-08-13

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:15:58 -0700
Message-ID: <48C5CE4E.1000802@inkedblade.net>
To: www-style@w3.org

Summary:

   RESOLVED: Make editorial changes to Mobile Profile and republish.
   RESOLVED: Text-decoration should propagate through table elements
   RESOLVED: Accepted proposal for CSS2.1 Issue 54 with s/elements/list items/
             http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-54

====== Full minutes below ======

Attendees:
   Bert Bos
   Arron Eicholz
   Elika Etemad
   Sylvain Galineau
   Daniel Glazman
   Melinda Grant
   Håkon Wium Lie
   Peter Linss
   Saloni Mira Rai
   Jason Cranford Teague

<RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/08/13-css-irc

Agenda
------

   Daniel: Regrets from the two new members.
   <glazou> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2008JulSep/0096.html

Mobile Profile
--------------

   Daniel: Svante asked for editorial changes in the CR.
   Daniel: One is a link that Bert changed in the mean time.
   <fantasai> seems reasonable to me
   Daniel: The other is "character set" -> "character encoding" because the
           wrong term was used.
   Peter: Have to check with CSS 2.1 that term is used consistently.
   Daniel: Third change is a missing space.
   RESOLVED: Decided to change and republish
   Bert: Edits either by me or Svante. I can do the publication.

CSS2.1 Issues
-------------

   <fantasai> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-56
   * fantasai hasn't come up with wording for the other two issues we
              discussed yet
   Daniel: Was postponed for MS to investigate.
   Fantasai: Anybody object to proposal?
   RESOLVED: text-decoration should propagate through table elements
   Fantasai: Do you need time to review the wording?
   Postpone decision to accept wording, need more time
   ACTION: Saloni Review wording on CSS2.1 Issue 56
   <fantasai> ACTION: fantasai review wording on CSS2.1 Issue 56
   Daniel: Final answer should be ready by ftf.

   <fantasai> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-14
   Daniel: We need David Baron for this issue.
   Fantasai: Bert found something in the spec.
   <fantasai> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008Jul/0586.html
   Bert: I agree with the proposal, but also think that in addition height <>
         auto means bottom doesn't collapse with children.
   Fantasai: That is a separate issue.

   <fantasai> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-42
   Daniel: Seems we need to do this issue at the ftf.
   Postpone.

   <fantasai> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-53 is probably
              easier
   Bert explains proposal, need to distingush justify in blocks and white
        space stretching for inline.
   Daniel: Seems proposal is fine.
   Peter: Need to check implementations as well.
   Howcome: no comment.
   Sylvaing: Do we know what impls do?
   Daniel: That would be good to know.
   Peter: We may assume Moz is willing to change to proposal, how about others?
   Daniel: Need test cases.
   ACTION: fantasai get a testcase for css2.1 issue 53

   <fantasai> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-54
   Daniel: Proposal makes sense.
   Peter: Do we need to clarify *which* element determines the direction for
          the marker?
   Daniel: I think the proposed text covers it.
   Elika: I think it's pretty obviously the list item element itself
   Bert: fine with proposal.
   Melinda: So if we have a list that is predominantly ltr, but one item is rtl,
            it will put the marker on the other side?
   Melinda: So if only one item in the list is rtl, it puts that marker on the
            other side?
   Daniel: Yes.
   <sylvaing> no objection
   Peter: Is that what we want?
   Daniel: Case would be a list with English and a few Hebrew items.
   Fantasai: [something] does [something] [Scribe can't hear]
   Elika: We have interoperability on all four implementations
   Daniel: OK, so then the prose must be clear that direction is direction of
           list item itself.
   Fantasai: The text already has that.
   Daniel: Or add a note with an example.
   Fantasai: I think that's already there.
   Peter: Use words "of the element"
   <fantasai> Proposal is s/elements/list items/
   RESOLVED: proposal accepted with change above

   <fantasai> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-60
   Fantasai: Cannot be done on phone, needs in depth review.
   Daniel: So action for everyone to review before ftf. Will be on ftf agenda.
   That should be all we can do for CSS 2.1 today.

Pages counter
-------------

   <glazou> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008Aug/0120.html
   Howcome: I sent an e-mail. Q is if 'pages' counter should be in Paged Media.
   Melinda: We didn't have implementations for it.
   Melinda: But would be nice to be able to put it back in
   Howcome: Let me ping Antennahouse if they have an impl.
   Howcome: Is the 'page' counter incremented  automatically?
   Melinda/Fantasai: yes
   ACTION: howcome to ping antennahouse about 'pages' implementation

F2F agenda
----------

   Daniel: I saw a few request. Please send more (or put on wiki) asap.
   Jason: Can you fix the time for the fonts discussion, so I can participate.
          (At a reasonable time for me.)
   Peter: Wiki page useful for our planning. Add how much discussion you expect.
   <plinss> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/planning/cambridge-2008
   Howcome: can two local Opera people attend as well?
   Daniel: Fine with me, but need MS to agree, they are host.
   Saloni: Alex is away, but will ask him.
   Nobody here objects to howcome's request.
Received on Tuesday, 9 September 2008 01:16:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 27 April 2009 13:55:12 GMT