Re: XML-based CSS

From: Jens Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:49:22 +0100
To: consulting@rfid.net.ua
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> Can somebody tell me why don't w3c provide us with xml-based css format?

I cannot answer that however I remember similar proposals, and at
least there's been a syntactically related suggestion by Steve Heaney
[1].

> It may be optional, but it would be easy to parse css using simple xml
> parsers

My understanding is that CSS is not hard to parse either, but what's
the real benefit of having an "optional" format for CSS?

[1] http://people.opera.com/howcome/2006/phd/#h-153

--
Jens Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/