From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Håkon Wium Lie
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:03 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: [gcpm] border-parts

The 'border-parts' property [1] was discussed at the recent f2f
meeting of the CSS WG. The purpose of this property is to split the
border into parts where every other part is visible. This gives us a
flexible model to express common borders, e.g., for footnotes.

Two additions were discussed:

  - the 'repeat()' function for repeating patterns
  - the 'fr' unit as per css3-grid [2]

I've added a description of how this could work i [1] with some
examples. Feedback welcome.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-gcpm/Overview.html#border
[2] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-grid/

Cheers,