Re: pseudo-attributes

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:56:38 -0500
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>
>> Before creating an entirely new class of things, I'd just shoot for making
>> value update interactively.
>>

> Quite apart from needing changes to the DOM spec, that would actually break
> sites, last I checked.

Really?  At least in terms of scripting, value *does* update interactively.
I can ask for the value of an input initially and after typing things in,
and they're different.

I intended for value to update in whatever way it does when scripting is
involved.

As for breaking sites, do you mean that sites are currently relying on the
[value] selector only keying off of the written @value attribute in the
code?