Re: pseudo-attributes

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 6:24 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>wrote:

> Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>

>> @David Baron:
>> The hint action can be done just as well with :empty:not(:focus).  Is
>> there a reasonable use-case that :empty doesn't solve equally well?
>>

> :empty checks for descendent nodes in the DOM tree. Given that <input>
> is an empty element, wouldn't it /always/ match an unfocused input field?
>
> ~fantasai

Sorry about that; I'm a crazy.  For some strange reason I thought :empty was
for text inputs.  In that case, I'd say [value=""], but that doesn't work.

Before creating an entirely new class of things, I'd just shoot for making
value update interactively.  If we can have :valid and :invalid update
interactively, surely we can have the same for [value].

(If not, the same can be achieved with a .+ @pattern and :invalid.)