Re: [CSS21] What does 'text-transform: capitalize' mean, exactly?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:09:54 -0500
To: "James Elmore" <James.Elmore@cox.net>
Cc: CSS <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:00 AM, James Elmore <James.Elmore@cox.net> wrote:

> That only leaves 'title-caps' to resolve, since some preferences exist to
> have the camelCase words should be rendered differently in titles.

In that case, you shouldn't be transforming the text casing at all, because
you're stating that it's significant for the meaning.  Instead, use
font-variant: small-caps.  Makes everything look uppercase, but still
preserves a distinction between letters that are "really" lowercase and
those that are "really" uppercase.  I think small-caps for headers looks
rather good, myself.