Re: [CSS21] stack level definitions in 9.9.1

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Ian Hickson wrote:
> >
> > The technical disagreement (section 2.10) is based on a
> > misunderstanding of the spec. The section refers to "all floated
> > dependants or only for non-positioned floated dependants" but in CSS a
> > float cannot be positioned, making the distinction moot.
>
> My bad; as David Baron just pointed out to me, relatively positioned
> floats are possible, so in fact the list in section 9.9.1 will need
> fixing as well (items 3, 4, and 5 all need "non-positioned").

Regarding http://dev.moonhenge.net/css21/spec/z-index/ (issue 60 for
CSS2.1), the working group has discussed the request and concluded that
only the "'s" and "non-positioned" changes will be made at this time.
However, the suggested changes will be kept in mind and may be addressed
in CSS3.

If there are any issues still present, the working group would like to ask
for test cases to demonstrate the problems.

Thanks,