Re: [CSS21] stack level definitions in 9.9.1

On Oct 21, 2008, at 4:00 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> The technical disagreement (section 2.10) is based on a
> misunderstanding
> of the spec. The section refers to "all floated dependants or only for
> non-positioned floated dependants" but in CSS a float cannot be
> positioned, making the distinction moot.

I think that document is referring to _relative positioned_  floats
[1]. I don't see anything in the spec that prohibits this. CSS2.1:9.7
talks about position: absolute or position: fixed specifically [2].
Most if not all current UA's accept/apply position: relative for
floated elements.

[1] as in
selector {
   float: left;