Re: [css3-background] New Working Draft of CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3

From: Jordan OSETE <jordan.osete@laposte.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 21:37:07 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Hello,

This is aimed to be a short mail about the way background-position works.
I think the current proposed syntax is quite complex, and somehow limited.

Actually, I did a quick proposal a long time ago. You can find here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Jun/0054.html
Back then, I did abandon it because I thought it was too complex, but I
still like it somehow. And seeing that the current proposal is also
going to be complex anyway, I'd like to propose it again.
It is more powerful than the current syntax, because you can specify
different percentages relative to the bgimage dimensions AND to the
element's dimensions.

Sorry, I don't have time to detail it here, please refer to the given
link for the technical details.
Please give me some feedback about this.

Jordan OSETE