Re: Fully transparent text and text-shadow

On Tuesday 2008-10-07 11:24 +1300, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:58 AM, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com> wrote:
>

> > Should fully transparent text still cast a shadow via text-shadow?
> >  Firefox's implementation does... WebKit's does not.  We can make this work
> > either way in WebKit, but it would be good for this to be explicitly
> > specified.
> >

> I think that's just a bug that we'll be fixing shortly.

Why add extra rules to the spec and extra code to create a
discontinuity?  The color of the text doesn't normally have any
influence on the color of its shadows.

Or if text is rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.01), should we be multiplying that
alpha component into the specified shadow colors as well?

-David