Re: [Css Variables] Variable Declaration Blocks

Garrett Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Andrew Fedoniouk
> <news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
>
>> Garrett Smith wrote:

>> Do you mean something like following (jQuery):
>>
>> $(".foo").background("#334455");
>>
>> ?
>>

> I have never recommended jQuery (it would take a massive redesign for
> me to do so). I don't see how its usage in the above example is
> strongly connected to the discussion and what M Wilson mentioned
> earlier.

I am not asking you to use jQuery.
I am asking: do you need a) to change styling [of group] of elements in
runtime (from script - runtime variability)?
Or is it about b) redefining some CSS attribute values later in style
sheet (pure CSS business - load time variability)?

What exactly you need CSS Variables for (a or b)? Could you provide real
case definition where you will benefit
from them?

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.