Re: a couple ideas

From: Lisa Milne <lisa@ltmnet.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 21:16:15 +1000
To: Keiji Ikari <kei@teamikaria.com>, www-style@w3.org

On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 11:41 +0100, Keiji Ikari wrote:
> > allow styling of file input elements:
> >
> > first declare classes for each of the 2 elements
> >
> > ..button {background:#000000; color:#ffffff;}
> > ..text {background:#000000; color:#ffffff; border:1px solid #ff0000;}
>
> Hmm... I always wanted to style these elements but they do render
> differently in AppleWebKit (instead of a text box and a button,
> there's a button and a label). CSS would need to cater for this or
> otherwise would need to be more specific on how to render a file input
> element.
I'm pretty sure a label could be styled to look the same as a text
field, the order of the elements though would have to be explicitly
styled (float it probably) - either that or the webkit dev's can change
the element to render like everyone elses.

> > overflow:expand;
> >
> > this tells an element to increase it's height/width to fully enclose
> > it's child elements
>
> What's wrong with "height: auto;"?
auto works fine, till you float or position relative an elements child.
Which is particularly what I was thinking of.

--
WebLinux - Linux live on the web!
http://weblinux.ltmnet.com