Re: [Css Variables] Variable Declaration Blocks

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:46:02 -0700
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Why would people need "CSS variables" at all?

We've got a lot of discussion around them but I am failing to
see the forest behind those trees.

Could anyone clearly explain why "CSS variables" there at all:
1) What problems they are trying to solve, etc.?
2) Why they are variables and not constants?
3) Are there any requests from community for exactly variables?

Thanks in advance.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com