Re: [Css Variables] Variable Declaration Blocks

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:46:02 -0700
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Why would people need "CSS variables" at all?

We've got a lot of discussion around them but I am failing to
see the forest behind those trees.

Could anyone clearly explain why "CSS variables" there at all:
1) What problems they are trying to solve, etc.?
2) Why they are variables and not constants?
3) Are there any requests from community for exactly variables?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Fedoniouk.