Re: Effect of 'position:relative' on 'table-*' display values

From: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:46:50 -0800
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "James Hopkins" <james@idreamincode.co.uk>, www-style@w3.org

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 11:55 AM, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> James Hopkins wrote:
>>
>> The current spec states that:-
>>
>> "The effect of 'position:relative' on table-row-group, table-header-group,
>> table-footer-group, table-row, table-column-group, table-column, table-cell,
>> and table-caption elements is undefined." -
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#positioning-scheme
>>
>> Has there been talk of a resolution for this issue?
>
> Not really. We should address it in CSS3 Tables, though. I think one
> of the major complications is the collapsing borders model.

Is there any discussion for a provision for setting max-height 0on a TR?

The desire for this is to allow for animated opening and closing of
TR, as a "table accordian".

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visudet.html#min-max-heights

It might also be useful for having a scrollable TR.

Garrett