Re: [CSSWG] Your opinion needed : Position of list-item markers

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> In the worse case - an author with absolutely *no* CSS knowledge -
> since they obviously don't care about semantics anyway (they're using
> <center>, after all) they can just paste a bullet character directly
> into the text.  (This is relatively common anyway - the "designers"
> before me at my company consistently implemented <ul>s with a
> two-column table, e.g.
> nightmares.)

Questions for "designers without quotes":

1) Do you know other way to control precise position of
    the bullet in modern CSS?
2) Are you sure you are able to reproduce all features of tables
    by CSS?
3) Propose other reliable way of preventing bullets from being drawn
    on top of float:left elements.

Cheers,

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.