Allow whitespace before the commas?

From: Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:14:04 +0000
To: <www-style@w3.org>

For a group of selectors the grammar (although not the prose which seems to disallow any whitespace; an interpretation promptly refuted by the example) in the Selectors WD allows whitespace after a comma separating selectors but not before. Is there a particular important reason for this? If not, I suggest this restriction be lifted as it creates a likely pitfall for authors. (I feel the prose needn't be amended though.)