Re: [CSS3 Backgrounds] Simple property that reduces amount of images needed.

From: Bruce Hart <grandmaster_of_everything_777@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 03:02:52 -0800 (PST)
To: www-style@w3.org

--- On Tue, 11/18/08, Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net> wrote:

> From: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>
> Subject: Re: [CSS3 Backgrounds] Simple property that reduces amount of images  needed.
> To: grandmaster_of_everything_777@yahoo.com
> Cc: www-style@w3.org
> Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 9:37 AM
> Bruce Hart wrote:
> > Being able to reduce the number of images needed would
> be at least as
> > great of a step forward as reducing the number of
> elements needed for
> > backgrounds. With this new property one would be able
> to use just 2
> > images instead of 8 for a completely flexible box.
> >
> > background-transform: [flip-x flip-y rotate-l rotate-r
> rotate]
>
> Or you could use the "border-image" property and
> use just one image.
>
> The background transform could probably be useful for some
> other stuff
> but for box drawing the border-image is much better.
>
> --
> Mikko

Wow, I just read the border-image specs and I'm very excited about it. Sorry for wasting your time with my little proposal. lol I should have read the entire background & borders specs first. Next time I wont just scan over the specs, especially when I'm half asleep and recovering from a traumatic brain injury. lol