Re: [css3-selectors] Elements that can have :focus pseudo-class

Brad Kemper wrote:
> I did try HTML:focus in Firefox and Safari. It didn't work.

Right.

> Can you propose wording that would make supporting :root:focus a MUST for
> applying to when the viewport has focus (and HTML:focus for when an HTML
> document's window has focus)?

I don't think :root:focus is the right way to do this.  Again, because
it already means something, and its behavior would change all of a sudden.

As I said, I'd be happy with a new syntax that does not overload
existing selector syntax for this.

-Boris