From: Adam Twardoch <list.adam@twardoch.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:23:31 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
CC: HÃ¥kon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, Thomas Phinney <tphinney@adobe.com>

Adam Twardoch wrote:
> the necessity
> for custom body fonts on the web is slightly less important in the CJK
> market

Actually, I should rephrase this: in fact, in Chinese, Japanese and
Korean, there is great potential for improvement regarding body type,
because in those writing systems, the screen resolution issue is still a
problem due to the complexity and density of the character shapes. So
compelling typeface design solutions that involve stroke reduction and
other innovative choices can actually make a big difference when it
comes to readability of web pages set in those languages.

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or
insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
(Hunter S. Thompson)