From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:26:12 +0000
To: "Thomas Lord" <lord@emf.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

2008/11/13 Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>:

> And (please see my just prior message to
> Mr. Levantovsky): the *embedding document*
> can suppress the warning but only by adding
> to the link an "acknowledgement" text which
> plainly asserts that the content developer
> is suitably licensed to use the font.   Thus,
> an "innocent" suppression of the warning,
> while not impossible, is made less likely.

And the legal case against such unauthorised users would seem to me
pretty open and shut.

Unlike EOT, where a Foundry Alpha and Foundry Beta both offer EOT
licenses for the same fonts, and so neither can tell if a user is
authorised by the other or not (at least in places with respect for
privacy like the UK; I'm not sure what privacy law is like outside the
UK)

Cheers,
Dave