From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:37:44 +0000
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Thomas Phinney <tphinney@adobe.com>, Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> [R]estricting ourselves to *only* free fonts on the web *is* a viable
> fallback position that would make us web designers happy, and could be
> implemented without controversy.

No it would not, Tab.  It might make you happy; it might
make Dave Crossland happy; but it would not make /all/
web designers happy by any means, so unless you meant by
"/we/ font designers" the subset of all font designers
that would be happy to use only free fonts, then I am
afraid that your assertion is demonstrably incorrect.

Philip TAYLOR