From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:47:55 +0000
To: www-style CSS <www-style@w3.org>

Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:

> With regards to the GPU license version 2
> (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html#SEC3), we need to examine the
> whole text of section 7, where the intent of the license and limitations
> are clearly defined. In particular:

You need to read the pre-amble to the licence, as that is where the
intent is explained.  I didn't quote the whole paragraph because it is a
copyright document, and there is a duty on fair use quotation to quote
the minimum necessary.

The intent puts a strong emphasis on the ability to adapt and re-use.

--
David Woolley