Re: Selectors Tests

Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
> Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>>> Why is that?
>> Because links can't be disabled, and the spec explicitly says that
>> anything that's :enabled can be :disabled under other circumstances.
>
> OK. I think that the correct fix for this problem would be to allow
> links to be disabled by scripts.

You haven't explained why this is a real problem.  Links already have
two other pseudo classes that can be used to match them: :link and
:visited, which more accurately reflect the states that a link can be
in.  The :enabled and :disabled pseudo classes clearly weren't designed
to address the link use cases and we have no reason for them to.

>  I'm not sure about the use cases but...

You really can't address a problem, or even know what the problem is,
unless you know what the use cases are.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/