Op Nov 11, 2008, om 5:25 PM heeft Tab Atkins Jr. het volgende
geschreven:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Gustavo Ferreira
> <gustavo.ferreira@hipertipo.net> wrote:
> Op Nov 10, 2008, om 12:44 PM heeft Tab Atkins Jr. het volgende
> geschreven:
>
>> Especially when it's been proven that high-quality type can and
>> will be produced in a free-as-in-liberty fashion.
>
> i don't think this has been proven at all.
>
> could you please give examples to back up your claim?
>
> I'm very reluctant to point to any directly, simply because the
> possible examples are so numerous and it's so easy to reject
> particular fonts as "not high-quality enough".  Just do a search
> for them - there's tons of free fonts out there, and many are of
> nice quality.

please, make an effort and name some examples -- the reason i ask is
because i can't think of none.

most 'free-as-in-liberty' fonts i know of were _not_ developed in
'free-as-in-liberty' fashion: vera, gentium, liberation, droid, gfs
fonts -- they were all produced by professional type-designers/
foundries in a 'closed' fashion, and at some point distributed under
a free-license. that's definitely not the same thing...

regards,
- gustavo.