RE: CSS3 @font-face / EOT Fonts - new compromise proposal

I had not - so thank you - but I am not sure this answers my much more modest and general question. Let me retry.

Beyond raw TT/OT and a compressed version of them, a new font format could well emerge five years from now. Are user agents supposed to sniff the content returned by the server to figure out which flavor the font is encoded in, or should HTTP headers provide that information ? What is the most consistent wrt other resource types ?