From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:46:16 -0800 (PST)
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> The font-face declaration will be the same whether the font data is
> raw or 'embedded'. Would MIME types help or be advisable ?

I don't think this is right.  An obfuscated version of a font would not
use .ttf or .otf, nor would it use a TT MIME type if one existed.  It
would/should be a distinct data type.

The format hints associated with specific URL's are for distinguishing
between formats, this allows a user agent to skip over files it knows it
can't use such as EOT fonts in Mozilla/WebKit.

John Daggett
Mozilla Japan