From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:53:04 +0100
To: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Also sprach Philip TAYLOR:

 > As Vladimir said in his second message "I am not proposing to
 > forbid linking to raw TrueType fonts, in some circumstances (e.g.
 > when raw font has "installable embedding" allowed)."

I think this view is shared by all; noone has asked for TTF-linking to
be banned. However, if obfuscated-TTFs are supported by all browsers
and inclear-TTFs are only supported by a subset of browsers, obfusction
is likely to be used for all font files. This is not good.

Therefore, if we want a grand compromise on fonts, I believe it's
necessary for all browsers to support inclear-TTF as well as
obfuscated-TTF.

-h&kon