Re: Selectors Tests

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 10:51:38 -0500
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> So these are elements that know about @disabled. Why not to use
> [disabled] as a selector then?

Because that would match <div disabled>.  Also, HTML5 is introducing
changes to how this stuff works so that all controls in a <fieldset
disabled> would match :disabled (but not [disabled]).

> <option> (passive element) and e.g. <input> (active element) are so
> different

In both cases :enabled basically means "can be submitted to the server"
at the moment.

> Stays: "This [disabled] attribute is inherited but local declarations
> override the inherited value."

I have no idea what that could mean, and neither does anyone else as far
as I can tell.

> XTF... what about XBL then? Those <input>s in shadow trees... how they
> interact with :disabled/:enabled thing?

They match it depending on their state.

-Boris