Re: Selectors Tests

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 14:30:29 -0500
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>>>> This can't happen.
>>>
>>> This needs to be specified then.
>>
>> It is.
>
> Where it is?

In the new text fantasai just put in, but even the old text said:

   An element is enabled if the user can either activate it or transfer
   the focus to it. An element is disabled if it could be enabled, but
   the user cannot presently activate it or transfer focus to it.

Which sounds pretty exclusive to me.

> Beg my pardon but this:
>
>   input:not(:enabled), textarea:not(:enabled), select:not(:enabled) {}
>
> is generally nonsense. Because of distinctly different display model of
> these elements you will end up with:

It's not nonsense if you're doing something other than just color
styling of the control itself or some such.

> I suspect that your mental modal of :enabled/:disabled pair is better
> definable as:
>
>    :input/:disabled

That's just a matter of naming; it has the same behavior.

-Boris