Re: CSS3 @font-face / EOT Fonts

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 10:35:05 +0100
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Also sprach Bert Bos:

 > The meeting minutes and an initial description of the proposal,
 > with the provisional name "rooted fonts" ...

This term may be misunderstood in places like Australia where they
have this definition of "rooted":

   Root (verb and noun) : synonym for f*ck in nearly all its senses:
   "I feel rooted"; "this washing machine is rooted"; "(s)he's a good
   root". A very useful word in fairly polite company.

   http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

On the other hand, this mailing list is "polite company", so maybe it
works :)

-h&kon