Re: CSS3 @font-face / EOT Fonts

Thomas Phinney wrote:

> If people want to actively pirate fonts and strip DRE information out
> of them, they can and will. But having such info in the fonts there
* means that people will have to knowingly do something that most people
* think is wrong, and experience (PDF, SWF) and survey data both suggest

Actually, the big problem with intellectual property law is that most
people don't think it is wrong.  Most IT management people will know
that it is illegal, but I'm not even convinced that many ordinary people
even realise that.

* that most people won't go so far.

When dealing with people in a non-business context I can find it quite
embarrassing having to refuse offers of infringing copies of copyright
material.

--
David Woolley