Re: [gcpm] border-parts

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 00:12:14 +0100
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Brad Kemper" <brkemper.comcast@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org

Also sprach Håkon Wium Lie:

 > I'm ok with dropping repeat(). As a result the proposal would be
 > simpler, which is good. Some functionality would be lost, but nothing
 > I can't live without.
 >
 > Any opposing votes?

Hearing no opposing votes, I've removed repeat(). A new editor's draft
is available from:

  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-gcpm/Overview.html

I've also added a page() value on 'float' to express "take the element
out of the current flow and put it on a named page. Here's an example:

  In this example, wide tables are floated to landscape pages:

    table.wide {
      float: page(landscape);
    }

  In the above code, the element is take out of the flow, which is
  allowed to contiue on the same page. If the flow should be broken,
  this code can be used:

    table.wide {
      page: landscape;
    }