[CSS21] Section 2.3

From: Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 22:09:54 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

This section introduces the CSS processing model and breaks it into 'steps'. The steps are subsequently identified as either in or out of scope for CSS 2.1.

I question the designation of step 5, the generation of a 'formatting structure', as in-scope.  I also question the designation of step 6, displaying, printing, or otherwise presenting the result, as out-of-scope.

(What tests should be written to verify the correct implementation of the 'formatting structure', if that is in-scope?  Why are we writing tests that verify correct display or print output, if that is out-of-scope?)

Best wishes,

Melinda

Melinda S. Grant
Melinda Grant Consulting