Re: [css3-multicol] minimizing scroll complexity of multiple multi-column blocks

Myk Melez wrote:

>> But if you wanted to do that, you'd want something like nested multi-column,
>> where the outer multi-column has vertical "columns": I'd imagine authors
>> would want to be able to adjust the vertical gaps and put rules etc. in
>> between.
>
> Authors probably would want to adjust the vertical gaps and add rules,
> but nesting seems overly complicated for what I imagine to be a common
> use case.  I would instead approach this as a question of the
> disposition of overflow columns, with the new capability being for
> authors to specify that they should wrap.

Nesting is more how you'd implement it: you need all the controls you have
for horizontal columns to do this "rows" idea. You want control over the
gap and rules and the "column width" (row height). You don't want to control
the height of these rows with the 'height' property: that would end the
element and cause the next row to overflow the box (overlapping subsequent
content, etc).

~fantasai