Re: CSS2.1 issue 6 test case

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 10:57:43 -0700
To: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

L. David Baron wrote:
> On Friday 2008-05-16 15:55 -0700, Arron Eicholz wrote:
>> Elika and I have worked out a test case for the margin collapsing issue #6.
>> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-6
>> The results show that Alex's proposal matches browser implementation.
>> Firefox 3.0b5
>> Safari 3.1
>> IE 7
>> Opera 9.27
> Could you explain how this test is related to Alex's proposal?
> Which of the boxes has its top and bottom margins adjoining, and how
> does the test test for the position of that box?

Ok, here are three corrected test cases. At least I think they're corrected. :)
They give different results: the first one seems to indicate that the spec is
correct, the second two seem to indicate that Alex's proposal is correct.

Opera and Firefox give matching results. Haven't tested Safari or IE.