Re: CSS2.1 issue 6 test case

L. David Baron wrote:
> On Friday 2008-05-16 15:55 -0700, Arron Eicholz wrote:
>> Elika and I have worked out a test case for the margin collapsing issue #6.
>>
>> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-6
>>
>> The results show that Alex's proposal matches browser implementation.
>>
>> Firefox 3.0b5
>> Safari 3.1
>> IE 7
>> Opera 9.27
>
> Could you explain how this test is related to Alex's proposal?
> Which of the boxes has its top and bottom margins adjoining, and how
> does the test test for the position of that box?

Ok, here are three corrected test cases. At least I think they're corrected. :)
They give different results: the first one seems to indicate that the spec is
correct, the second two seem to indicate that Alex's proposal is correct.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008May/att-0046/margin-collapsing-issue6a.htm
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008May/att-0046/margin-collapsing-issue6b.htm
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008May/att-0046/margin-collapsing-issue6c.htm

Opera and Firefox give matching results. Haven't tested Safari or IE.

~fantasai