Background with multiple property values

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 19:56:05 +1000
To: www-style@w3.org

If you had something like this.

background:red url(image.png) 0 0 no-repeat;

All implementations will parse it correctly. If you have.

background:red url(image.png)0 0 no-repeat;

All implementations will parse it except IE5~IE8 (that I can test
locally). I believe that IE is correct here since white-space separated
values are a must with other CSS properties.

I believe that the spec should explicitly mention that all values in a
background string must be separated by white-space.