Re: [CSS21] Why are browser default style values different from Appendix D

Saloni Mira Rai wrote:
> IE8 values are included in the attached spreadsheet. This is based on information from a post-Beta1 build so some values might be different as the feature has since been updated.
>
> Thanks,
> Saloni

Thank you Saloni.

I have updated the excel file (attached) at my end and included all the
amendment default margins for IE7 (no more testing needed). I have added
another row for margins on PRE. This results in this updated table.

http://css-class.com/test/css/defaults/UA-style-sheet-defaults.htm

I have also completed and test case with many block elements with
default margins or none (currently XHTML).

http://css-class.com/test/css/defaults/default-margins.htm

I haven't had the time to compare this to what the values are in the
table in the various implementations but a quick check in Safari and
Opera confirms the difference with FORM.

Alan